Group Health & Safety Officer
Necto Selection have been retained by one of Ireland’s most dynamic and innovative Construction firms in the recruitment of a Health and Safety Officer (group role across all positions). This is an excellent and rewarding opportunity for the right individual to progress their career with one of Ireland’s most well-respected main contractors.
As a Health & Safety Officer, you will be responsible for promoting and enforcing a culture of safety across numerous Construction sites in the Leinster region. You will play a vital role in ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations, implementing effective policies and procedures, conducting risk assessments, and providing guidance to project teams. This dynamic and hands-on role requires strong leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders.
· Develop and implement comprehensive health and safety policies, procedures, and guidelines specific to the construction industry, ensuring compliance with local regulations and industry best practices.
· Conduct regular site inspections and audits to identify potential hazards and assess compliance with health and safety standards.
· Collaborate with project managers, engineers, and subcontractors to develop and maintain site-specific safety plans, method statements, and risk assessments.
· Provide expert advice and guidance on health and safety matters, including the proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE), safe work practices, and emergency response protocols.
· Conduct thorough investigations of incidents and near-misses, preparing detailed reports and recommending corrective actions to prevent future occurrences.
· Develop and deliver engaging training programs to enhance employees' understanding of health and safety practices and foster a proactive safety culture.
· Stay updated on relevant health and safety legislation, regulations, and industry trends, proactively recommending improvements and implementing necessary changes.
· Monitor and analyse health and safety performance metrics, preparing regular reports for management review.
Qualifications and Experience
· Minimum of 2 years of experience served with a main contractor
· In-depth knowledge of Irish health and safety legislation and regulations applicable to Construction
· Strong ability to conduct risk assessments, develop safety plans, and implement safe work practices.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels.
· Strong leadership abilities, with the capability to drive change and promote a safety-first mindset.
· Apply with your CV today